Strengthening the Regulatory Process
agencies protect everything from our economy and elections to our air, water
and food. Effective regulation is critical to making markets work for people
and promoting health, safety and fairness.
both Congress and industry have thrown up burdensome obstacles that
significantly slow agency progress on rulemaking, and in some cases, deter them
entirely. Life-saving regulations have been known to languish a decade or more
at agencies due to unnecessary obstacles and industry pressure.
Citizen advocates for a more efficient regulatory system that can act quickly to protect Americans from hazard.
More Resources on Strengthening the Regulatory Process
- Flowchart of the Federal Rulemaking Process (PDF), March 29, 2011
- Press Release: Regulatory Process Is Broken, Public Citizen Tells Congress, September 14 2011
- Report: Regulation: The Unsung Hero in American Innovation (PDF), September 13, 2011
- Press Release: Regulations Spur Reluctant Industries to Innovate, September 13, 2011
- Report: Regulations at Work: Five Rules that Save Workers' Lives and Protect their Health (PDF), July 2011
- Press Release: Streamlining Regulatory Process Is Fine, but Administration Should Look Forward, May 26, 2011
- Press Release: Committee Holds Hearing on Regulation, Report Shows Rulemakings Are Too Slow, April 14, 2011
- Letter to Chair of House Oversight Committee on Corporate Influence on Regulatory Agenda (PDF), January 5, 2011